- November brought our first Life Vision Workshop double-header. One event was hosted by Telemachus Advisory Board Member Matt Hultquist’s cousin Nathan Olhoff.
- The other workshop was sponsored by David Haase and Tim Murphy with fellow Minneapolis area Stanford Business School Alumni.
- Barb Morris hosted a fabulous Northeast Region Dinner in the fall, where we celebrated a few birthdays and enjoyed delicious food and many laughs.
- A group gathered in December at Rachel Haughey’s latest CT cafe NEAT for cappuccinos and an excellent talk on the struggles facing women entrepreneurs.
NEW YORK CITY
- To toast the New Year, Advisory Board Member Duncan Sahner hosted a cocktail party and in March his brother, Christian, an author and scholar, led a superb tour of the Islamic Galleries at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Erin and Matthew Haneline did a spectacular job hosting a January Life Vision Workshop which led to numerous meetings and meals with new and old friends in the Telemachus network.
- Tennessee was the location of a February Life Vision Workshop superbly organized by the Walker and John Herbold.
- In the midst of a massive spring snowstorm, Tori and Andrew Barnett hosted a wonderful dinner with a Dating & Marriage Workshop in their beautiful CT home for seven couples new to Telemachus.
- The Flemings, Morgenthalers and Helen Woolworth hosted a large Life Vision Workshop in April which happened to coincide with peak cherry blossom viewing. So the weekend was full of beautiful people, weather, and views!
2015 ANNUAL GATHERING
Plans are taking shape for T5 at the Gasparilla Inn on October 8-11, 2015 in Boca Grande, FL. Some exciting speakers are booked and registration is scheduled to begin in May.
FEATURED SPEAKERS & MUSICIANS
- President of Gordon College Michael Lindsay
- Author Amy Julia Becker
- Founder of Mercy Street Recovery Center Matthew Russell
- Episcopal Priest Ian Cron
- Grammy Award-Winning Songwriter Marcus Hummon
- Nashville-Based Singer Cindy Morgan
- We heard your requests on the follow-up survey and we’re hoping to build a bit more breathing room into the schedule this time so everyone can process the talks a little better and enjoy more fellowship.
- We also have more comfortable seating in sight!
We’re anticipating the late May roll out of a fully updated version of TELEMACHUSNETWORK.ORG with an integrated data management process to streamline all Telemachus event registrations.
- Head of Operations, Laurel Meath has been busy revamping the Telemachus website with the help of strategic web design firm Ideation in San Pedro, CA.
- Evolving website needs and a desire to keep the design current have led to an attractive and user-friendly new website launching in conjunction with the send-out of the 2015 Annual Gathering invitations.
- Instead of having to submit biographical details for every new event, going forward attendees will create website user profiles which can be updated as needed and accessed for all Telemachus sponsored event registrations.
- To help make the new event registration process as quick and seamless as possible, everyone who receives the 2015 Annual Gathering invitation will have an access link to a special account creation page enabling them to register more efficiently.
CHECK IT OUT
- We invite you to visit the new and improved TELEMACHUSNETWORK.ORG coming soon! Read our blog, register for events in your area, or link to our Facebook site all accessed directly from the home page.
NEW BOARD STRUCTURE
In an effort to keep the governance of Telemachus as effective as possible, the Board was reorganized to allow for a more streamlined process, releasing more members to focus on their specific areas of interest instead of wading through all items of business at every meeting.
| THANK YOU
- Board – Rick Woolworth (President), Andrew Huck (Treasurer), Tom Knott (Secretary) and Lindsay Reimers
- Advisory Board – Mike Fox, Jane Nelson, Suzi Pitts, Matt Hultquist, Jonathan Lusk, Barb Morris, Duncan Sahner, Katherine Snedeker, and Trevor Hightower.
2014 ANNUAL FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
Our annual fundraising campaign expanded this year with a general mailing to the whole Telemachus community. The results exceeded our expectations!
| GREAT SUCCESS
- We are thrilled to have 20 new donors this year with a total of 45 contributing individuals and couples overall.
- We are humbled and grateful for the support we receive both financially and through ongoing words of encouragement. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to everyone who puts their time, money, or creative thought into Telemachus.